Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 133....Kota's Birthday!

Today was an awesome day....the day we celebrated my grandson Dakota's birthday. It's actually not until next week, but since it falls on a weekday this year, the girls decided to throw his party today, while it was beautiful weather. So I hopped in the truck and headed down to spend the day with them.

I had intended to get an early start so I could spend the whole day, but I got up late, and then tried a new way to go down which...although truly breathtaking...lost me about an hour's travel time. Going across the mountains via I-40 was a real treat, though, I have to say. But the moment that took the cake was when a geezer got on the freeway in his white caddy that was piled bumper to bumper with about 3 inches of snow. Yes....the tops of the mountains were covered with it.

Regardless, we had a really great afternoon catching up and visiting, after which we all headed to Mickey D's for Dakota's party. There were quite a few of Katrina's family there, as you could probably imagine. I was the only one on Jes' side...but that's ok. Poppy was there in spirit!

We started by letting Kota cut his cake and singing happy birthday to him. He actually did a great job, even though he had to get a little push with the plastic knife from mom...



Before we knew it, it was time to open all his presents...including a star projector for his room, so he can lie in bed at night and watch all the constellations revolve around the ceiling. He's very into space stuff at the moment...among other things....and it's very obvious that he's growing up SO fast...and becoming SUCH a little man!
Kota, Nana's so proud of you, and Poppy and I love you very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment