Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 126....It's Fall!

Had to take a drive today up into the hills and all around to take some pics of the beautiful fall color




That is abundant everywhere! The pic above, I think, wound up being my favorite one, and the

one I use as a background on my phone, just because of the sheer number of colors I managed













to capture in it. All of these pics, by the way, may LOOK like they were taken as I was driving. Let me be quick to assure you that although I may have been behind the wheel, I was NOT actually driving. I was very cautious to choose times to take my shots when there were no other drivers on the road behind me. That enabled me to actually stop in the road long enough to get the shot.

This pic was actually taken at the north end of Lake Watauga. The weather was absolutely perfect....look at that gorgeous October sky! Deep blue, and not a cloud in it. Who could ask for more?
These final two pics were actually taken on I-40, heading east toward NC through the Great Smoky Mountains. Confession: You can't stop to take a pic in the middle of the interstate, so I just pointed and clicked as I was driving...and I got lucky. Twice.
I had to take these pics to try to capture the snow that was blanketing the tops of the highest peaks. Sadly, that's not too evident here, but if you blow up the pics, they are still very beautiful, and you actually can see the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment