Monday, October 29, 2007

Only 17 More Days To Go...

Ok, it's really hard not to get excited when I can see it all over my husband's face, and hear it in my daughter's voice when she calls me. I have never wanted the days to fly by faster than I do right now, and at the same time, I know this experience will only happen once, and I don't want to rush it! What a predicament to be in. My only consolation is that I know they're having just as hard a time waiting...if not harder!....than I am. It will come, this I know.

Talked to my youngest Friday night, and all is well. She is completely moved to her new home now, and although she is sad at the way it transpired, she is also adjusting very well to her new surroundings, and seems very happy. All is well, and she and her boyfriend are very excited about coming to Atlanta on the 16th.

Tex is also calmly resolved. He is past the panic that enveloped him a few weeks back, and is simply waiting now. I have to say he really sent me back yesterday. We were talking to an aunt and uncle who were visiting with us, and I mentioned how this past year had gone by so fast for us compared to previous years because this year, we had so many events spaced so evenly apart that we were able to look forward to something about every 5 or 6 weeks. And then he spoke up in that quiet way of his and pointed out how much he loved it when I said "we" all the time, but that it really wasn't necessary that I do that. When I told him that it wasn't intentional, and that I just always thought in those terms, he let me know that this would be the first time that HE had had an event at all this year. Wow...I really had to think about that one. Just because I'm out here experiencing all these events I keep thinking that me taking that back to him is the same as him experiencing it through me, and although he does experience it in a way because he has to help me plan for things, and he sees pics and hears about it all, he does not actively participate in any of it. Wow...I guess it's like my son is so fond of saying...."If you're not the lead elephant, Mom, the scenery never changes."

*sigh*

I think he has the right of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment