Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Barn Project Update #2

Since I apparently have a couple of days to kill between gigs, Keith decided it was time to make me earn my keep, and drug me up to work on the barn. Today, it was time to see if we could pull down the supports on the back third of the roof so that we could repeat what we did on the front this past weekend.

Unfortunately, we didn't have a rope strong enough to do the job. Out of the three I routinely keep in the back of my truck, we wound up popping all of them. Nothing to it but to bring
the chainfall back up on our next trip so we can
do the job properly.
In the meantime, we did manage to get a great deal of the lumber sorted and ready for transport, a trailer-full loaded, and all of the
floorboards pried up....including a lot that were termite damaged on the second floor. I'll leave it to you to imagine how it feels to know that the second-story floorboards you have been trusting your entire weight to turn to powder....literally....when you try to pry them up. Unsettling, to say the least.
At the end of the day, we loaded up the tools in the bed, hooked up the trailer, and tried...I say tried...to climb in the cab to go home. Unfortunately, my seat had been confiscated by one hot, tired, and apparently sleepy puppy, who had taken refuge in the shade while we toiled like....well, you know....in the broiling July sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment