Monday, July 26, 2010

A Sign of Covenant

I have seen some beautiful rainbows in my time. Saw a brilliant patch of color over the plains outside Denver once that took my breath away. Saw a rainbow aura around the sun in clear blue sky in the middle of summer when I worked in Raleigh years ago. The most notable was the huge double rainbow I saw arcing across the sky above a cemetery in Kinston, NC that I had just started working at. Later, I would realize that I had been standing by what would eventually be my late husband Bill's grave at the time I saw it. It was the first double rainbow I'd ever seen...and still the most memorable. Guess it always will be.
But never in my life have I lived in a place where rainbows are so prolific as here in the mountains of NE Tennessee. They are spotted so often here, that I can actually pinpoint when I will see one before I ever do! And of course, I can't seem to stop myself from taking a pic, even though I've never taken one with any camera that fully captured the brilliancy.
Still....as long as God keeps making rainbows, I guess I'll keep trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment