Monday, July 19, 2010

When God Closes a Door....

...somewhere, he opens a window!

I am happy to report that, although my position with the rehabilitation and physical therapy company in Bristol has gone south in recent weeks, my subsequent job search has paid off. A headhunter picked my resume off Monster.com to fill a contract position with the Veterans Administration in Johnson City, and this morning, I officially cleaned out my desk and turned in my key to the office in preparation for starting my new job with the VA on Thursday. I'm very excited about the possibilities inherent in this position. Although it's a temporary contract position, the money I will be making is incredible, and the potential exists for it to last at least a year....maybe longer.

And even if it doesn't last that long, it will at the very least allow me to get my foot in the door. With my ear to the ground, hopefully I can make enough connections to find a permanent hole to crawl into.

What an exciting time to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment